If you are concerned about oily hair, then by following these simple home remedies, you can get rid of them.
Let’s start with a little imagination. Wake up very happy in the morning. You wash your hair very well. You brush beautifully.
But to his surprise, after a few hours, when looking in the mirror, hair looks greasy and messy. It looks like you haven’t washed your hair.
Don’t worry. We have a solution for this. But at first let us understand how this oil is produced.
This oil occurs naturally on the scalp to keep the hair healthy, but when the secretion is more, the hair becomes greasy.
It looks substantial and unmanageable; Also, it makes the scalp prone to dandruff and itchiness. To protect your hair from oil, you must keep the scalp free from grease.
However, having a head bath every day is not always a good idea. Some chemicals in shampoos can further aggravate the problem.
The causes of oily hair
Excess oil secretion from the sebaceous glands leads to the accumulation of fat/oil that causes the greasy scalp. It is necessary to prevent the spread of sebum on the scalp to prevent hair damage.
Furthermore, sebum blocks the hair follicle and disturbs blood circulation, resulting in weak hair.
This condition can be caused due to the following factors:
- Excess stress
- Excess consumption of fatty and rich foods
- Poorly matched hair care
Guideline:Quickly Get rid of oily hair at home
1. Don’t wash your hair every day
In the process of washing hair, natural moisturizing oils are also removed. So wash your hair with a good shampoo to remove the oil, no more than three times a week, to remove excess oil from your hair.
Note: For the first few weeks, your hair will look oily between each hair wash, as your scalp is still used to make more oil. But over time, it will balance out.
2. Ditch The Hair Conditioner
Some hair experts advise skipping the conditioner entirely. If you still want to use it, limit it only to the ends of the hair.
Using more conditioner can make your hair greasy faster and increase the frequency of hair washing, which will unnecessarily damage your hair.
3. Use good quality shampoos, conditioners and hair products
Go for Natural products, which will lead to less oil buildup, and you won’t have to wash your hair too often. We prefers to use oil-controlling shampoos.
You also deep condition your hair at home.
4. Rinse your hair carefully to avoid residue on your hair
After shampooing, rinse your hair thoroughly so that there are no residues, which can otherwise cause your hair to attract more dirt and oil. The mantra should be cleaned for at least 30 seconds to avoid any excess residue.
5. Minimize contact with hot temperature
When the hair comes in contact with the hot temperature, oil production increases, and the hair looks more greasy.
The hot temperature not only oils the hair but also causes premature hair aging and premature hair loss. So you can follow three simple tips to protect your hair from high temperatures:
- Use warm or cold water to wash your hair daily.
- Use hairdryers at low temperatures.
- Protect your hair from sunlight in summers. Wear hats or tie a scarf around your head when you go out on hot summer days.
6. Avoid stress and depression
Stress and depression cause hormonal imbalance that can lead to more oil production in the skin and hair. Anxiety and depression can be addressed by exercising, doing yoga, or meditation.
It will help you get rid of oily hair and other skin and hair problems.
Home remedies get rid of oily hair
Here are some quick and easy home remedies you can try at home to get rid of oily and greasy hair.
1. Aloe Vera
One of the best home remedies to treat oily hair is the use of aloe Vera gel. The steps to follow are:
- Take a cup of mild shampoo and mix one tablespoon of lemon juice. To this mixture, add a teaspoon of fresh aloe Vera gel.
- Mix all the elements well and apply the required amount on your oily hair. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it off thoroughly.
- Use this every day for the best results and store the mixture in the refrigerator.
2. egg yolk
Egg yolk is an available product that you can use on your hair, as it helps your hair to remove excess oil. The steps to use egg yolk for oily and greasy hair are:
- Take two beaten egg yolks and add a few drops of lemon juice. Mix well.
- Wet your hair, apply this mixture on your hair, and leave it for five minutes.
- Then carefully rinse your hair.
- You can use this mixture on your hair two to three times a week to remove oily hair.
Washing your hair every day will help you get rid of excess oil from your scalp.
- Rinse your hair correctly each time you shampoo to prevent oil from remaining on the residue. These residues, if they persist, can easily attract more oil and dirt.
- Get shampoos that are specifically designed for oily hair. Oily hair would need a shampoo that is beyond the pH range of 4 to 7.
There are also some methods to clean oily hair naturally without using the shampoo.
4. Apple cider vinegar
you can remove hair oil from the scalp. Only you should make sure to use diluted apple cider vinegar on your hair. Below steps need to follow :
- Take about two to three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar in a cup of water and mixed it well.
- Use this mixture to rinse your hair and wash it off quickly after a few minutes.
- Use it 2-3 times weekly.
5. Witch hazel oil
The steps to use witch hazel oil to remove oil from hair are:
- Take four drops of witch hazel oil and mix two tablespoons of water with it.
- Apply a cotton ball, and then you can apply this cotton ball to your scalp.
- It helps to reduce the greasiness of the hair. Use it daily for best results.
6. Occasional use of bath soap
It is a reasonably easy solution and does not require many articles.
- Try to use bath soap on your head while bathing.
- Apply it to your scalp and hair and use your hands to get a lather. Let it sit for 2 minutes and then wash it off.
- Use bath soap only once a week on your hair to remove excess oil. Regular use can damage your hair.
7. Black tea
The tea contains tannic acid that helps the hair to be dry, thus avoiding grease.
- Boil a few black tea leaves or tea powder in a glass of water.
- Allow this mixture to become warm, and then apply it directly to the scalp and hair, and wait about 4 minutes.
- Use a little water and shampoo to wash it off and get relief from oily hair.
Vodka is the ideal hair tonic to treat oily hair.
- Mix the vodka and water in a 1: 2 ratio.
- Rinse your hair with this vodka mixture and wait a few minutes. Then wash it off. It will dry your hair in a few minutes.
- Alternatively, you can use this mixture as a spray on your hair to remove excess oil in no time.
Honey can also be used as follows:
- Take two teaspoons of pure honey, one egg yolk, and mix. Allow it to dissolve for 30 minutes.
- Then apply this mixture to your hair and massage your entire scalp for a few minutes.
- Rinse it off properly after that and then use a hard shampoo to wash it off.
- Follow this process twice a week for good results.
10. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice, which has many nutritional qualities, can also be used to treat your oily hair.
- Take a cup of water, to this mixture of water, a little lemon juice, and three teaspoons of honey.
- Allow this mixture to completely dissolve while mixing well. Apply this on your hair and wait about 4 minutes.
- Wash it off with a good shampoo. Repeat this three times a week for best results.
11. Follow a healthy and routine diet
Maintaining a healthy diet helps to remove excess oil from your hair.
- Drink plenty of water daily to keep your body hydrated.
- Learn how to say no to fatty foods. Eat foods rich in omega-three fatty acids, vitamin A, and protein to maintain healthy hair.
- Try to include certain fats like olive oil, nuts, and fish in your diet.
- Include plenty of fruits in your diet, which will keep your scalp clean.
12. Henna and olive oil
- Mix 3 teaspoons of henna powder and one egg in a bowl.
- Next, add two tablespoons of honey and a tablespoon of olive oil and mix all the ingredients well.
- Make a smooth paste using a little warm water.
- Carefully apply this paste to your hair from root to tip.
- Cover your head and let it rest for about 2 hours.
- Then wash your hair carefully with a mild shampoo.
13. Diluted beer
Beer is acidic and therefore helps to remove excess oil from your hair and makes it look flawless. Be sure to use only dilute beer on your hair.
- Make a mix of beer and water in a 1: 1 ratio.
- After washing your hair, apply it regularly to drain your hair and leave it on for about 4 minutes.Then rinse with water.
14. Baking Soda
The steps to use baking soda to treat oily hair are:
- With water: Mix one tablespoon of baking soda in one cup of water and wash your hair thoroughly with this mixture.
- With shampoo: You can also use baking soda with regular shampoo and rinse your hair well with it. Do this twice a week.
You can also use Baking Soda shampoo to clean your hair.
15. Henna powder
The henna powder makes hair smooth and shiny and also helps remove excess oil.
- Take 2 cups of water and mix six tablespoons of henna in it.
- Mix them well to make a smooth paste.
- Now apply this to your hair and leave it until it dries on your hair.
- Rinse your hair with plain water or a mild shampoo.
16. Say no to scratching
- Comb your hair only when necessary, excessive styling will spread the oil over the scalp and make your hair look even more greasy.
- Rubbing the scalp and excessively scratching it will agitate the sebaceous glands, thereby producing excess oil on the scalp. So never scratch your hair or scalp.
17. Fuller’s Land
Fuller’s earth can be used to solve oily hair problem. The steps to follow are:
- Add a few drops of water to 3 tablespoons of fuller’s earth to make a paste. (You may need to adjust the amount of fuller’s earth.)
- Apply this paste on your scalp and hair.
- Let it sit for about 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Get rid of oily hair overnight.
- One of the best ways to get rid of oily overnight is to wash your hair with a high-quality and oil-free shampoo to remove sticky oils from your hair and scalp.
- As discussed above, you can also use inexpensive natural ingredients like baking soda, apple cider vinegar, aloe-Vera, lemon, and egg yolk to keep the oil and grease in your hair under control.
Oil production on the scalp is natural and healthy discharge from the scalp. When this flow exceeds a specific limit and makes your hair look stringy and greasy, it’s time for you to control your hair.
Some other natural hair masks give you shiny and smooth hair.
By using the tips and home remedies mentioned above, you can quickly get rid of excess oil.